Some crimes appear in the same format all over the world. Pick Pocketing is one of them. When doing research for the design of our clutch bags, we learned that the clutch bag, is the least likely to be pick pocketed.
Here are a few suggestions on how to help protect yourself against these thieves:
- Always keep your bag closed properly. If it has a closure, USE IT!
- Carry your bag tight against your body. Try to avoid back pack style bags as you should never let any bag stand out behind you. Particularly, never let it stand out behind you OPEN. If your bag does not have a closure on it such as a clasp, zipper, etc. avoid taking it out.
- If you have a bag with a strap, wear the strap diagonally across your chest, with your hand resting on it in front of you.
- Always keep your purse / wallet / money at the bottom of your purse. This makes it more difficult for opportunists to get to your money.
- Never hang your bag on the back of a seat in a public place. Try and keep it on your lap at all times. If you must put it on the floor, keep the bag between your feet, with the strap wrapped around the seat your are using.
- When using public transport or are in a busy, public area always have your bag in front of you.
- NEVER leave your bag in a supermarket trolley or in a baby’s pram.
- If your bag is snatched, let it go. Nothing inside it will be worth the physical damage that could happen to you, if you don’t let go.
- Learn to carry only what is actually needed.
- Carry only small amounts of cash.
- Take only the credit cards you actually plan to use.
- Leave expensive jewellery at home.
- Don’t carry anything that is irreplaceable unless you absolutely must, even if it has no cash value.
Most importantly use your common sense!
We hope you never have the experience of being pick pocketed and with the use of our tips, you probably never will!
Love from Frammi,